top of page

Enduring Power of Attorney

When a person has good mental health they can execute a document known as an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA). This document sets out the person's wishes should they become incapacitated in the future. It allows another specially appointed individual (the attorney) to take the necessary actions on the donor’s behalf if he/she is absent, abroad, or incapacitated through disability or illness, all of their assets and property can be frozen and cannot be used by any other person unless they are jointly owned or, someone has a power of attorney to deal with their property or money. 

An enduring power of attorney (EPA) allows the attorney to make "personal care decisions" on the donor's behalf once he/she is no longer fully mentally capable of taking decisions themselves.

You can appoint anyone you wish to be your attorney, including a spouse, civil partner, family member, friend, colleague, etc. The procedure for creating an enduring power of attorney can be complex and Stafford Legal can assist you in the execution of an EPA and registration with the Court should you become incapacitated so your affairs can be effectively dealt with by a trusted family member or friend. ​

Contact Us

Thanks for submitting! We will contact you shortly.

bottom of page